Hello, friends and family! Welcome to my new and probably, rarely updated, blog. Enjoy!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Little Men

Here's a little insight into the aspirations of a small boy who desperately wants to be a big, grown-up man like his "Father."

This morning Uriah went out to the back yard to play while I got Danielle ready to join him. He soon came in to say he'd be leaving with his "Father" to Oakland and wouldn't be able to take his nap. (Uriah and Danielle take turns week by week going places with Jesse in his truck. This is Uriah's week.)

"It would be nice if you could play outside with your sister before you leave" I said.
"No! I'm not going to play aaanyMORE! I'm a Big boy now. I'm just going to work ALL the TIME!"
"Well, you know," says I, "even your father plays and he's a really big man. You know how he plays with you and Danielle? and he likes to run and jump rope. That's kind of like playing."

He then went on to explain that he also likes to run and jump but that running isn't playing, it's "jogging."